Wherever volunteers serve, their extraordinarily generous contribution of time and service is vital to the success of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Capistrano Valley.
Individual Volunteers –Click here for application (Background check fee required) and send to site coordinator where you would like to volunteer:
San Juan Capistrano/Via Positiva Branch – Janice Gordillo – (949) 542-4105
Aliso Viejo Branch – Carolyn Kozol – (949) 699- 2552
Rancho Santa Margarita Branch – Arisbeth Bastidas – (949) 709-7595 ext. 1280
Group Volunteers – Contact Janice Gordillo – (949) 542-4105
Becoming an individual volunteer is the most rewarding and impactful experience you can have at our clubs short of becoming a staff member. You can make a lasting impact on a young person’s life through mentoring, coaching, test prep, or just being a strong role model.
Our individual volunteers can donate their time in a variety of aspects at our organization; may that be through tutoring, athletics, arts, or program specific help. In addition, volunteers with specific talents or passions who wish to teach our members are welcome. For example, running a Lego program or yoga class.
Any youth volunteers must be high school students or older.
- Learn About the Clubs: Get an understanding of the array of Programs we offer, and see how you can best contribute your
- Apply: Complete and send in the Volunteer Packet to site coordinator where you would like to volunteer.
- Interview and Orientation: We want utilize your time and talents while fulfilling our greatest needs. Contact site coordinators above for more details.
- Pass a Background Check: For the safety of our youth, all adult volunteers must pass a background check. The consent for this is included in the volunteer application.
- Make a difference! Spend time impacting your community in a direct and meaningful way (and have a lot of fun too)!
Groups of volunteers can either participate in single day or recurring activities.
Group volunteers do not need to pay a background check fee, unless the group is volunteering on a recurring basis.
We welcome groups who are willing to dedicate time to impacting the lives our youth. Group Volunteer opportunities are subject to program schedules and staff availability. Large beautification groups are allowed outside standard Club hours, pending staff approval.
- Organizing an Athletic Event or Clinic
- Beautification Projects for the Clubs
- Create and facilitate an Arts & Crafts Project
- STEM Learning Activity
- Financial Literacy Workshop
- Workforce Readiness Workshop
- Volunteer at Special Events (Haunted Maze, Operation Holiday Homework, National Boys & Girls Club Week, Club Carnivals, etc)
You may coordinate this process by contacting Janice Gordillo – (949) 542-4105.
For Volunteer Information for our Gala and other fundraising events, please contact Resource Development Associate, Kimberly Aguilar – (949) 542-4498.