In every community, boys and girls are left to find their own recreation and companionship in the streets. An increasing number of children are at home with no adult care or supervision. Young people need to know that someone cares about them.The Boys & Girls Clubs of Capistrano Valley offers that and more. Club programs and services promote and enhance the development of boys and girls by instilling a sense of competence, usefulness, belonging and influence.The Boys & Girls Clubs of Capistrano Valley is a safe place to learn and grow – all while having fun. We are truly The Positive Place for Kids and Teens.
“To inspire and enable all youth to reach their full potential as productive, responsible and caring citizens by providing stimulating and challenging programs through interaction with dedicated, caring people.”
Who we are:
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Capistrano Valley are a world class after-school non-profit offering quality programs in academic success and healthy lifestyles while building good character and leadership skills in our members.
A Boys & Girls Club Provides
- A safe place to learn and grow
- Ongoing relationships with caring, adult professionals
- Life-enhancing programs and character development experiences
- Hope and opportunity
- More than 2,300 boys and girls served in 2017
- 80% Membership Free or Reduced Lunch.
- 32,002 Meals Provided
- Average Daily Attendance – San Juan Capistrano: 301 Aliso Viejo: 74 Rancho Santa Margarita: 97 Total: 472
- Facilities in Aliso Viejo, Rancho Santa Margarita and San Juan Capistrano serving youth from the following communities: Aliso Viejo, Capistrano Beach, Dana Point, Ladera Ranch, Laguna Niguel, Laguna Hills, Laguna Woods, Mission Viejo, Rancho Santa Margarita, San Juan Capistrano & Trabuco Canyon.
- Annual membership fee $70.00
- 35 trained Club professionals and over 250 volunteers
About Our Membership
- 31% Caucasian
- 58% Hispanic
- 3% African-American
- 3% Asian
- 5% Other
- 46% Females
- 54% Males
Why We’re Special
Four key characteristics define the essence of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Capistrano Valley. All are critical in exerting positive impact on the life of a child:
- Dedicated Youth Facilities in Aliso Viejo, Rancho Santa Margarita and San Juan Capistrano
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Capistrano Valley is a place – an actual neighborhood-based building – designed solely for youth programs and activities.
- Open Daily
The Clubs are open every day, after school, when kids have free time and need positive, productive outlets.
- Professional Staff
The Club has full-time, trained youth development professionals, providing positive role models and mentors. Volunteers provide key supplementary support.
- Available/Affordable to All Youth
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Capistrano Valley reaches out to kids who cannot afford, or may lack access to, other community programs. Annual membership dues are $70.00 per year.
Boys & Girls Clubs of Capistrano Valley is a proud member of Boys & Girls Clubs of America, which serves more than 4 million young people at over 4,300 club locations in the United States and abroad.
Please contact your local Club Branch for specific program information